Member Transfer Form
CMAA Chapter Transfers
When members change clubs, and their move places them within new chapter boundaries, it is imperative that they transfer into their new respective chapter. CMAA’s membership bylaws stipulate a dual and simultaneous condition with the local (geographically determined) chapters and National, making this action mandatory.
Because this process is so important to the flow of our Association operations, the following guidelines will facilitate the successful completion of a chapter transfer:
- Members moving into a new chapter area should complete the official Chapter Transfer Request Form and send it to the Secretary or Managing Director of the chapter to which they are transferring. Typically, CMAA members are aware of the rule to transfer upon making a move to a new club within new chapter boundaries; however, when members contact their previous and/or new chapter’s Secretary or Managing Director regarding their move, please relay the necessity of completing the Chapter Transfer Request Form.
- Upon receipt of a Chapter Transfer Request Form, chapter Secretaries or Managing Directors should follow their respective chapter’s guidelines for processing transferring members. Some checks and balances to consider, are:
- Is the transferee a member in good standing with CMAA National?
- Was the transferee a member in good standing with his/her previous chapter?
- Should your chapter collect full-year dues, pro-rated dues, or decide to waive fees until the next billing cycle?
- Once the chapter has approved a member’s transfer request, a signed copy of the Chapter Transfer Request Forms should be sent to National Headquarters and to the member’s previous chapter’s Secretary or Managing Director to verify the process is complete. It is important to note that all CMAA members are entitled to transfers automatically. There should be no “joining” stipulation placed on these individuals as they are already official members of the Association.